You are here

Coronavirus FAQ - Information For Travelers

Updated February 24, 2020

What should travelers do who have arrived in Princeton from China within the last 14 days, on or after Feb 3? 
Students, faculty, staff, and visitors coming from mainland China to the United States since Feb. 3 will need to self-quarantine for 14 days from their last day in mainland China. For students returning to live on campus, we will facilitate self-quarantine by providing support for housing, food, and academics during this two-week period. While we cannot facilitate self-quarantine for faculty members, staff, and visitors, we can provide advice about how to do this. 
Who should I contact if I am planning a trip to Princeton?
Any student, faculty member, staff, or visitor planning to come to the Princeton University campus from mainland China is expected to share their plans by e-mailing Students, faculty, and staff will be asked to respond to a survey to allow University Health Services (UHS) to complete a risk assessment and receive guidance.  
All students, faculty, and staff who are currently in China and plan to return on or after February 3rd must call the UHS Global Health Physican at (609) 258-7971 before returning to campus.  
UHS will assess risk according to NJ DOH guidance for people who have returned on or after Feb. 3. 
Were people who returned from mainland China before Feb. 3 subject to the same guidance as the current process?
No. The NJ-DOH issued guidance specific to people who had returned before Feb 3. To learn more, see our information page

Within the last 14 days, I was in in an area where COVID-19 is present AND I am exhibiting fever, cough, difficulty breathing, and/or shortness of breath. What should I do?

You should contact your healthcare provider for advice. You should not come to school or work until you have been seen by a healthcare professional. If you are tested for novel coronavirus, you should stay home until you receive test results. Please also contact Occupational Health at 609-258-5035 or

For more results, please use the Princeton University search page.