Call for Emergency Help when there is a threat to life, safety, health, or property. The Department of Public Safety and/or other emergency responders will respond immediately to your call.
What to Do:
- Dial 911
- Activate a Blue Light Phone
On-campus Public Safety officers will be first on the scene.
- Department of Public Safety will send officers immediately, and at the same time will coordinate with outside police, fire or medical response as needed.
- Department of Public Safety officers
- can respond much faster than local law enforcement to most locations on campus.
- know campus building names, entry numbers and campus location nicknames.
- are trained in first aid and carry Automated External Defibrillators (AED) in their cars.
When to call for help:
- Before taking any action, be sure you are in a safe location.
- Call the Department of Public Safety to report a crime in progress or criminal behavior.
- Be prepared to provide the dispatcher with:
- Your name and contact information
- Location and type of crime
- Description of persons involved
- Don't hang up until the person answering the call ends the conversation.
- Do not approach or attempt to apprehend the person(s) involved.
- Only take actions necessary for self-defense.